Open-close tests are applied, for zippers, under the load.
Force to be applied to tape, by the type of zipper :
Type Lateral Force N. Longitudinal Force N.
- Very light 7 5
- Lightweight 10 9
- Medium 16 14
- Medium-Heavy 24 18
- Heavy 30 24
- Operating Voltage: 220 VAC, 50 Hz.
- Experiments are made for.life tests of zipper materials.
- Tests can be performed under the lateral or longitudinal force.
- Test is being performed up to a pre selected number.
- Numbers of tests may be 250, 500.or another.
- Zipper tensioning device is c/w the tester.
- Life tests are.performed for all kind of zippers (from very light up to the heavy).
• Underwater objects.
Approximate dimensions and weight
- Width : 45 cm.
- Depth : 35 cm.
- Height : 74 cm.
- Weight : 35 Kg.
- For metal and plastic zipper.
- Determination of integral strength of bottom stop at ended zippers.
- For metal zippers, determination of chain …..and breakage point strength under lateral force.
- For plastic-molded zippers, determination of chain and breakage point strength under lateral and longitudinal force.
- Determination of pull tab resistance.
- Pull tab deformation test.
- TS 11 516
- ASTM D 2061
- BS 3084